Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Stroll


image from weekend stroll

I was literally taking a weekend stroll with my dear friend, Jo, when it occurred to me that one of the reasons I've been such an inconsistent blogger was that my brilliant idea of "A Word a Week" has been a mind block for me. Instead of focusing on a word and blogging about it, as was my origin intent, I keep thinking of subjects I want to blog about, and then make up a word that fits the context. Sorta like thinking backwards, no? So I decided from now on to simply blog about what inspires and excites me

That said, the work of Rica Takada under the title of "Weekend Stroll" seems like an appropriate one to introduce this new blogging chapter. I love the playful yet sophisticated drawings of this Japanese illustrator. His work are mostly little snippets of daily life captured in the most charming manner. According to him, the name "Weekend Stroll" is a call to explore; draw your own illustrations, like walks on a weekend.

No comments: